Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Sick Food


During my hospitalization, the one I refer to as "that time I was so sick", I lost 22 pounds (in 11 days).

When I got home, I had no appetite whatsoever. Dr. V even wrote, "anorexia" (but not nervosa) in my chart. I was also very weak and needed to eat. My husband did a great job of feeding me, but it was a challenge for him. Almost nothing sounded good and thoughts of food smells was disgusting. Also, my spleen was very swollen from the lymphoma and pressing on my stomach, making me feel full even after eating a few bites. 

Here are the things I ate, almost exclusively, for about 6 weeks.

Egg Sandwich with Butter

Oatmeal with Raisins, Cinnamon & Butter with Toasted Raisin Bread and more Butter

Baked Bean Sandwich on Buttered Toast

Carrot Juice, Nuts and Trail Mix

And Thank God for Boost
 

No comments:

Post a Comment